NBC Universal Producer in Mexico City, Mexico
Job Number 30578BR
Job Title Producer
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD News
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
State/Province - -
City Mexico City
The Entertainment and News Producer will produce packages and segments on a variety of topics related to news in Mexico and Central America. Moreover, the Producer will conduct all research and coordinate all content including videos, interviews, graphics, etc. In addition, the Producer will pitch stories, book guests and write scripts. They will also be responsible for finding locations for live shots, prepare permits, location releases, and needed Insurance paperwork for those locations. They will also work directly with the Miami based Team in all aspects including when large show remotes happen throughout the year. This Producer role will be located in Mexico City and will report to the Director of the Region.
• Develop and produce packages for the Telemundo daily national news cast.
• Implement work independently with guidance from the Line Producer, Director and Executive Producer.
• Develop successful story telling of stories for the daily national news cast.
• Conduct pre-interviews of guests and based on their responses, script questions for use by anchors and reporters.
• Manage and arrange any necessary travel logistics for guests
• Write compelling copy and teases when needed.
• Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments and packages.
• Generate original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas
• Work with the local NBC Production Support team for when additional technical support is needed such as extra audio personnel and gear
• Works under the direct supervision of the Director, News Mexico & Central America Region and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Associates Degree in Communications
• Minimum 3 years of production experience in a television production environment
• Minimum 2 years if experience as a Producer
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Prior experience producing segments in news market, national platform, or business news environment strongly desired
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrated self-starter with a highly developed rolodex of contacts within TV industry highly preferred
• Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Motion and After Effects a plus
• Proven proficiency with i-News computer system a plus