SAP IT Technical Consultant - Windows Administrator Job in Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition ID: 150446
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Managed Cloud Delivery Global Shared Services (MCD GSS) is responsible for running SAP’s backend technology including operations of ‘state of the art’ datacenters as well as client technology (end-user equipment) around the globe.
Within MCD, MCD GSS is responsible for 24x7 operations of important and critical SAP systems and applications embedded in an international delivery approach.
At MCD GSS the “Server Management” team is focusing on shared infrastructure services. Main locations of MCD are Germany, Mexico and India. Operations are focused on high available infrastructure landscapes (server cluster, operating systems with support of storage systems).
Driving continuous improvement is one main lever to increase operation availability and efficiency. Infrastructure landscape re-architecture and new technology adoption is another important part. Global thinking and a strong customer focus are essential.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As Specialist you are responsible for:
• Conceptual design, configuration and administration of server landscapes with focus on Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems
• Drive innovation to optimize, automate and standardize the operational delivery processes
• Managing the daily operations, ensure high availability
• Strong collaboration with other units within MCD and outside
• Troubleshoot and resolve any OS related issue that impact the business.
• Willingness to take on call duty
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Advanced technical background for server operating systems (Windows Server 2008-2016)
• Practical experience with upgrades/patching packages and kernel.
• Advanced expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Domain administration
• Server storage connectivity (NFS, CIFs)
• IT experience with services like sFTP, DNS, LDAP.
• Networking experience with the suite of TCP/IP
• OS and network security knowledge, OS hardening, antivirus solutions (McAfee)
• Experience in Windows server operation in large, non-homogeneous landscapes ( 1000 server)
• Experience with OS monitoring, backup/restore, configuration automation technologies
• Virtualization (XEN, VMware), BMC BladeLogic, SAP HANA
• Experience with Windows Server Failover Clustering
• Experience with public cloud service provides (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure) is a plus.
• You like to work in international teams, communicating in English fluently
• 3 year work experience in server administration (3rd level support)
• Multiyear, inter-cultural work experience in international teams
• IT process map (Incident and Problem Management)
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.