Amazon.com IT Support Technician in Mexico City, Mexico
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon, one of the top 100 companies in the United States, has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Technician for our facility in San Jose Costa Rica. The successful candidate must have demonstrable leadership skills in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be forward thinking with a high degree of customer service focus and excellent communication skills. The Technical Support Technician serves as the liaison between the IT infrastructure and internal customers. Amazon Technical Support Technicians are expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The Technical Support Technician will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the site, covering a multitude of technical disciplines.
The technician must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. He/She must possess outstanding customer delight skills dealing with all levels of personnel, superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people. They must also exhibit strong analytical skills with problem solving ability. Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated. Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
· Windows System Support & troubleshooting.
· Linux system support & troubleshooting.
· Install/test/troubleshoot applications.
· Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and fixing hardware problems.
· Image deployment/maintenance for desktop and laptop systems.
· Networking & Telecom skills.
· Demonstrated experience in an IT production environment.
· Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/sites, including weekends, nights and holidays.
· Experience tuning, setting up, taking down and re-locating PC hardware.
· Highly-organized, detail-oriented person.
· Experience administering PBX and voice mail systems.
· Mac OSX system support / troubleshooting.
· Configure and maintain Cisco switches and routers.
· Ability to create and administer clear, concise documentation to lower the possibility of a repeat problem.
AMZR Req ID: 424317