Cisco High Touch Tecnical Support Engineer in Mexico City, Mexico
Additional Location(s) or Information: Job Category: Customer Service Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #: R1011875
Description: Job title: High Touch Technical Support Engineer -HTTS R&S
- The Business Entity* For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected. The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
The Team In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. Come and join the Latam HTTS team.
Role & Responsibilities Latam team is seeking an HTTS Switching Customer Support Engineer and the responsibilities include the following: ● This CSE role supports reactive case handling for Cisco''s largest SP and Enterprise customers with Routing technologies. Provide second line phone/email/fax consultation to independently debug complex network problems. Provide systems/product training to peers within the HTTS team.
● Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution. Acts as a technical expert and is a go-to resource for the team.
● Typically reports to Mgr, Technical Support Interfaces with lower level CSE''s, VARs, OEMs & end-users & internal engineering departments.
● Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
● Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution. Partnership with customer for success
• Provide second line phone/email/fax consultation to independently debug complex product problems.
• Provide consultation to independently debug complex product problems.
• Provides systems/product training and intellectual property material.
• Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution.
• Provides support on a world-wide basis.
• Typically reports to Mgr, Technical Services.
• Typically interfaces with lower level CSE's, VARs, OEMs end-users internal engineering departments.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Applies known solutions to solve problems.
• Business impact of this role is major.
• Is a technical expert in at least one area.
• Effectively utilizes complex lab setups to duplicate and solve problems.
• Submits complete and correct DDTS reports in area of expertise • Receives limited supervision.
• Receives little instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to other engineers.
• Translates team goals into own work assignment.
• Is a technical expert in at least one area with excellent broad knowledge of Networking fundamentals • Effective planning, prioritization and organizing skills.
• Drive for continuous learning, results orientation and teamwork.
• Utilization of an increasing understanding of Cisco business strategies and drivers to guide activities.
• Proven crisis management skills.
- Minimum Qualifications* ● Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 4-6 years related experience.
● Deep knowledge of telecommunication systems and network environments.
● Ability to analyze, use and configure small, medium and large enterprise/SP networks.
● Ability to work independently, as this position only receives minimal supervision with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
● Proven crisis management skills. Consultative communication skills.
• Idioms(Spanish and/or Portuguese is mandatory)
- Desired Skills* CCIE R&S or SP highly desired.
● The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge.
● This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
● Works independently, receiving minimal supervision, with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments ● Desirable knowledge in IOS-XR Operating System ● Desirable knowledge in IOS-XR platforms like ASR9K, CRS, GSR, NCS6K.
● Good written/spoken English and Spanish communication skills. Portuguese (or willing to learn it) is desirable.
- About Cisco* The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Watch Video To Learn More About Cisco
Keywords: Technical support. Technical support. ASR9K, Routing, Switching, XR, IOS, Customer Support, GSR, CRS, Architecture, Troubleshoot
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: *None
High Touch Tecnical Support Engineer Mexico City MX R1011875-en_US