Microsoft Corporation Global HR Operations - Payroll Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
GHRO- Payroll Manager
The Global HR Operations center of excellence provides operational and support services for Microsoft HR programs, with primary areas of focus being customer support services, core HR operations (HR data administration, onboarding, leave administration, staffing, learning & development, etc.), business process optimization, HR online solutions, and project management. The success of the HR Operations organization is critical to the overall effectiveness of HR and our ability to ensure consistent employee and manager experiences companywide. The Global HR Operations center of excellence provides operational and support services for Microsoft HR programs, with primary areas of focus being customer support services, core HR operations (HR data administration, onboarding, leave administration, staffing, learning & development, etc.), business process optimization, HR online solutions, and project management. The success of the HR Operations organization is critical to the overall effectiveness of HR and our ability to ensure consistent employee and manager experiences in the subsidiaries.
The HR Operations Manager of Payroll and Benefits is an integral member of the HR Operations organization and plays a key role in the delivery of high quality HR Services to business, managers and employees, as well as to the HR Community. This role will be responsible for delivering high-quality execution of core HR operations and driving an agenda of continuous improvement with the Americas Service Centre lead.
This role requires thorough knowledge of HR CRM tools, Americas Payroll (especially US) and Benefits, customer service, ability to monitor and control for quality and standard controls (e.g. SOX), perform trend analysis and basic data diagnostics, and capacity utilization management for the team. The HR Ops Manager is accountable for maintaining process/article documentation or knowledge base content for their functional/geographical area, manage improvement initiatives, and deliver services within agreed SLA’s and Customer Satisfaction scores.
HR Operations Manager will also focus on capability building, developing highly engaged and high performing team and provide continuous learning and development opportunity to the team. To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will need to excel at: interpersonal skills, stakeholder engagement, excellent communication and team building skills, high level of attention to detail, passionate about continuous improvement approach, Responsive and live and lead by example by demonstrating Microsoft values and behaviors.
• Overall responsibility for core HR operations service delivery of Payroll and Benefit in relation to Americas, managing overall service delivery performance through direct accountabilities of an operations team.
• Lead transition of future processes pertaining to US Payroll and US Benefits into the delivery Centre.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining a customer oriented culture within the operations team that continuously strives to resolve customer needs on first point of contact and evangelize self-service offerings.
• Ensures process and operating procedure documentation is effective and in place at all times and operate business continuity and disaster recovery plans are established and maintained.
• Oversee adoption of service network KPIs and sets up Service Level Agreements with stakeholders where appropriate.
• In partnership with the Corporate Business Excellence and the HR Experiences and Services teams to continuously identify areas of process improvement and future investment to drive efficiency and improved employee experience (e.g. more relevant self-service content, streamlined processes, etc.); partner with time zone and global teams to implement changes and enhancements as appropriate .
• Act as a point of issue escalation for problems within HR Operations and work with relevant parties to reach resolution
• Analyses data, share and engage with stakeholders, prioritize and act on opportunities for improvement .
• Drives HR Operations ROB with internal and external stakeholders with a strong focus on continuous improvement of services.
• Ensure HR Data integrity and compliance through accurate management of employee personal records, employment data management/handling and vendor management, i.e. Payroll, Learning and Development and Benefit providers
• Ensure knowledge management of HR processes through proper documentation and process mapping
• Responsible for building and sustaining highly engaged and high performing team
• Responsible for driving standardization and continuous improvement in area of responsibility
• Accountable for Data Privacy and security
• Continuously strive to gain customer satisfaction and minimize complaints on the delivery of HR Operations Services
• Drive First Time Right culture and ways of working in the team, manage and follow escalation and Risk framework & Governance
Skills and Qualifications
• 8 + years’ Experience in HR Shared Services and HR Operations Processes 5 - 6 years’ experience as HR Manager in Payroll & Benefits area in the Americas ( US Payroll and Benefits expertize preferred)
• Knowledge and experience in managing Americas Payrolls and Benefits together with vendor management.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) with an ability to listen & respond to customer queries
• Fluent English language skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to use quality framework and tools for Trend Analysis, Root cause analysis, provide immediate and permanent fix for customer problems
• E2E Hire to Retire process understanding, ability to develop and maintain E2E processes, Desk Top Procedure and Knowledge base
• Strong Project management skills, influencing skills and ability to train the team on an ongoing basis
• Possess initiative & drive; with strong desire to continuously improve processes & deliver against agreed objectives/ service levels
• Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment
• Ability to make decisions that impact customer service levels with a sense of urgency
• Highly collaborative and networking
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or an advanced degree in Operations or Customer Service preferred
• 5+ years of relevant work experience (as Manager)
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Must be able to successfully complete company background check.
Microsoft is an equal employer opportunity (EEO) and strongly supports diversity in the work place. Microsoft does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation and or individual with disabilities.