Cisco Customer Support Engineer in Mexico City, Mexico
Additional Location(s) or Information: Job Category: Customer Service Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #: R1009629
Description: What You'll Do Customer Support Engineer - Voice.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge and specialize.
● Works for worldwide customers within her/his own team or with other Cisco teams to solve problems and enhance future products with senior engineer supervision.
● Solves reported product and network problems of moderate complexity. Effectively utilizes databases of existing issues, debugging tools and simple or moderate lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
● Provides basic systems/product training and intellectual property material.
● Keeps up-to-date with the latest technology products in order to provide a high quality support in current and future types of support services.
● Provides support on a world-wide basis.
Typically reports to Manager, Technical Support. Typically interfaces with lower level, VARs, OEMs end-users internal engineering departments. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Applies known solutions to solve problems.
- Who You'll Work With*
Cisco seeks Customer Support Engineers to join some of the industry brightest minds in developing and deploying today most advanced Internet technologies.
Is a technical expert in different technologies. Applies expected product behavior across industry practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry.
Provides support on a world-wide basis.
- Who You Are* ● Typically requires Bachelor degree in engineering (Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering).
● Minimum 3+ years of experience. Knowledge of some of the following Unified Communications technologies: Cisco Unified Communications product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CUCME), Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS), Cisco Unity Express (CUE), Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), H.323, MGCP.
● Direct customer support experience required ● Working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols.
● Preference for Cisco Certification: CCNA, CCNA-Voice, CCNP-Voice, CCIE-Voice. Other technology or product knowledge, experience or certifications in the following areas are a plus: security, routing, switching, wireless, programming skills (C, C++, Linux, Shell Scripting)
Desired Skills ● Passion and demonstrated ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment.
● Service excellence attitude. Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction. Ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems. Works on problems of moderate to wide scope and moderate to high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action. Interacts across TAC teams and development teams at peer level.
● Ability to make significant contribution on support communities through posts, blogs and videos. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to handle critical customer issues/problems.
● Analytical skills. Ability to analyze, use and configure small to medium networks. Proven crisis management skills.
● Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing; other languages would be a plus.
- Why Cisco* We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: Video, Collaboration
Customer Support Engineer Mexico City MX R1009629-en_US