Microsoft Corporation Content Manager Publishing in Mexico City, Mexico
Content Manager – Publishing
Storefronts Global Operations - WDG
The Storefront Global Organization (SGO) is looking for a creative, passionate, innovative and experienced editorial content professional, to increase our user engagement and conversion through a unique and highly valuable content value proposition for digital consumers.
The Storefront Global Organization (SGO) is the team within WDG in charge of programming different surfaces across Windows such as MSN websites, Edge DHP and NTP or the MSN Apps in 52 markets around the world. We deliver top quality content consumption and shopping experiences to all users, across the whole Microsoft ecosystem. We are partnering with the best Media companies around the world. We have the best engineers to develop these unique products and experiences.
Our mission is to "delight and empower people everywhere by delivering hi quality and relevant content and shopping experiences" The three pillars for what we do are: User Growth, User Engagement and Conversion.
The Content Publishing Manager is responsible for the user engagement through the day-to-day publishing strategy on the SGO publishing screens (MSN, Edge, Apps, etc.), team coordination, and editorial guidelines creation for those properties. He/she works in coordination with a team of editors producing, curating, programming content and analyzing user content consumption data. The Content Publishing Manager reports to the SGO Market Lead.
• Execute the editorial planning process - daily, monthly and longer term as required, considering all strategic variables on content publishing: high quality user experience, MSN Prime editorial guidelines, content partner strategy, monetization drivers, Demand generation team priorities, and Windows Apps downloads.
• Editorial management: Day-to-day coordination of vendor editorial resources.
• Coordination with Spanish Speaking Editorial Hub that supports local team editorial activities.
• Deep usage of different analytics tools such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Northstar, ComsCore, to continually manage, modify & prioritize content strategy and processes in order to increase user engagement, and maximize conversion (Apps & Store).
• Ensure all content entry points information are actual and relevant (MSN Prime, Mobile, MSN apps, Edge, Social Networks).
• Execute Social Media Strategy focused on Users Acquisition, in alignment with MSN Prime product and editorial strategy.
• Collaborate with monetization teams to create business opportunities based on editorial content, and deliver commited KPIs to succeed on revenue.
• Ensure a healthy Native Advertising (Taboola & Outbrain) Strategy, driving technical implementation requests, track revenue results, maximize business opportunity while ensuring a high quality user experience. Manage an editorial resource in charge of debugging trashy or not proper content.
• Recommend and influence product improvements with SGO Market Lead, Local Program Manager, and Engineering teams, that impact user engagement.
•Point of contact with Global and Regional Editor in Chief/Content Publishing Managers community.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Six or more years internet, TV, radio, wire service or similar fast paced news experience. Large audience management a plus; in depth online experience mandatory.
• High orientation on online analytics and audience measurement tools decision making, such as pageviews, CTR, unique users, spent time, referrals, visits/user, etc. Experience using analytics providers such as Nielsen, Comscore, Google Analytics or Omniture.
• Ability to cover breaking news major events, daily, weekend or evening, depending on the editorial calendar and current news.
• Demonstrated editorial acumen, through story choice, writing style, headline writing, and visual sensibility.
• Demonstrated ability to work quickly, coordinate multiple work streams and prioritize responsibilities.
• Self-directed with excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of and interest in popular topics and culture.
• Ability to manage multiple projects across cross-functional teams.
• Experience managing teams is a plus.
• Ability to set and maintain deadlines.
• Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well. Knowledge of Photoshop or similar photo product tools required.
• Familiar with content management systems, blogging platforms, photo editing tools (esp. PhotoShop).
• Basic understanding of XML, HTML, RSS.
• Understanding of editorial tactics that would enhance SEO and Social.
• Digital marketing and/or e-commerce experience is a plus.
• Results oriented.
• Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Bachelors Degree.
• Fluent written & spoken Spanish and English required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status
LATAMJOBS Content publishing (engineering)