Honeywell Communications Firmware Engineer in Mexico City, Mexico
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) is Honeywell’s global technology and R&E center. It is headquartered in Bangalore. Today, with over 8,000 employees, HTS has centers in India, China, Czech Republic and Mexico. With more than 500 patents filed and over 2,000 disclosures to date, HTS works on next-generation product lines and technologies including avionics, navigation air safety products, security solutions, building management systems, process control systems, advanced and infrastructure management services for Honeywell’s global initiatives
As part of the Development team, responsible for design, new products development, transition, implementation and ongoing support you will apply engineering principles to new product development and analysis for solution of technical issues related to the design and manufacture of electronic/mechanical products
· Will develop firmware for microcontrollers for solid-state electricity meters and AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) and AGI (Advanced Grid Infrastructure) devices used in utility communication systems. Responsibilities include creating detailed product specifications from commercial requirements; designing, implementing and testing real-time embedded firmware; and supporting manufacturing and customer/field issues. Work will be done as part of an Agile development team.
· The position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, and 3-5 years of experience in real-time embedded C programming. Candidates with a master's degree and less experience will also be considered. Must be familiar with device drivers and interrupt handlers, multi-threaded, multi-tasking Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), object-oriented design concepts, and revision control and bug-tracking systems. Candidate will design and document the solution and implement and unit test the firmware. Candidate must be able to develop detailed product specifications to describe the functionality and facilitate product verification testing. The ideal candidate will have experience with metering products, low-power designs, and AMR/AMI systems. Candidate will interface directly with hardware designers, lab technicians, manufacturing and marketing personnel, as well as with fellow firnware engineers. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferred candidate will also demonstrate ability to lead teams and make and communicate architectural design decisions.
· Experience in embedded firmware development using C and assembly languages. Candidate must be familiar with development tools and follow coding conventions.
· Experience with microntrollers and interfacing microcontrollers to a variety of peripheral devices and other microcontrollers
· Ability to design and document firmware solutions
· Ability to debug problems using in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other test equipment
· Ability to work individually or in a team environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Masters Degree
· Experience working in an Agile development environment and using Agile project tools, such as Rally
· Experience using scripting languages such as Python
Click below to learn more about Honeywell Automation and Control solutions:
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out our One Honeywell Culture video on the Honeywell YouTube Channel on the link below:
Is this job not an exact match to what you were looking for? Join Honeywell's Talent Network ( http://careersathoneywell.com/en/newsletternew ) to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. For more information, please visit our career site:www.careersathoneywell.com
“Honeywell does NOT request nor requires any kind of payment or deposit from applicants interested in a position in this company”
Title: Communications Firmware Engineer
Location: MEX-NA-Mexico City
Requisition ID: 00334708