Amazon.com Cloud Economics Business Development Manager - Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico
Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on assessing the comparative costs and Return on Investment (ROI) of migrating and running applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging directly with C-level executives, IT professionals and influencers at all levels? Would you like to be part of a team focused on growing adoption of AWS business across the world’s largest multinational organizations? Do you have the business and technical acumen and communication skills needed to collaborate across multiple business owners to help drive successful IT transformation and cloud adoption?
AWS is growing very rapidly with over one million active customers in over 190 countries. Cost and operational effectiveness to support the adoption of new cloud technologies is key to accelerating the business and technological benefits of the AWS platform. Amazon has consistently innovated not only in a technological sense but also to meet the evolving needs of large enterprises. The AWS cloud offers customers an alternative consumption model that differs from how businesses have traditionally bought IT by focusing on paying only for what you need. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about working directly with customers positioning AWS business values around cost and help organizations adopt new processes, purchasing strategies, and cross-functional collaboration to embrace cloud technologies at scale and to ensure long-term customer success.
As a Cloud Economics Business Development Manager, you will help customers and prospective customers shape their information technology strategies and IT financial models, and quantify the benefits of running applications in the cloud. In addition, you will have the exciting opportunity to support the world’s largest and most complex multinational organizations as they transform their procurement and commercial processes so that they are optimized for the cloud. You will identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS with these customers and develop repeatable strategies to overcome these barriers. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of IT leaders. You will also be expected to be the focal point within AWS-Mexico for all TCO, ROI and cost efficiency business development activities.
It’s also crucial to support customers that already passed the Business Case validation to achieve the expected savings when migrating workloads to AWS. That said, you will also act as the lead on optimization conversations and support customers by engaging their IT Procurement and Finance teams so they can optimize their practices for cloud purchases and access all available cost savings. This will include generating and providing recommendations on how customers can optimize their usage of AWS, working to reengineer internal people and processes, and working with partners to ensure ongoing success. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets, have a familiarity of IT transformation within large organizations, and working directly within the executive suite. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for AWS customers to other internal parties.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of startups and also large enterprises. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. Finally, active collaboration with leadership in WW Business Development, Accounts Receivables, Billing, Legal, Operations and Product teams will be crucial to the effective execution of this role. He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex topics, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
· Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers.
· Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
· Become the subject matter expert in all cost and commercial related aspects of the customer life-cycle. Assessing reporting and analytic needs of customers and identifying solution and approach to meet those needs.
· Communicate, establish, and measure KPIs to track progress and success of transformation and optimization within customer organizations
· Create a repository of Cloud Economic cases studies and conversations to share learnings with all parts of AWS.
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on TCO related issues
· Manage numerous requests concurrently & strategically
· Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles
· +5 years of business development and IT management or management consulting experience.
· Prior experience working with senior IT executives, IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and/or cloud IT Infrastructures
· Proven experience management consulting, IT transformation consulting and/or business process design experience
· The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
· Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
· Management Consulting background highly desired
· Experience working within a high-growth technology company
· Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
AMZR Req ID: 571027
External Company URL: www.amazon.com