Amazon.com Business Development Manager (North LATAM), Amazon Web Services in Mexico City, Mexico
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by working with the largest & most prestigious companies in LATAM market? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider for the region’s largest organizations? Can you lead an enterprise Customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid Cloud operations? AWS is looking for a seasoned Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting large organizations, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the region for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions to enable the ecosystem and the changing different industry needs.
As a BDM, your responsibilities will include partnering with LATAM Sales teams to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. As the Business Development Manager (BDM), you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of AWS within LATAM. Your responsibilities will include working very closely with the BD management of LATAM, focusing on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration within the various customer segments of LATAM including Enterprise, Mid-Market, and Territory.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technology background that enables them to interact with architects. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Work with LATAM teams to drive revenue and market share
· Engages with all sizes of customers (from mid-market, to enterprises)
· Exhibits proactive ability and is very astute in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams
· Comfortable managing the sales cycle of an opportunity and will partner with various teams to (Account Executive, Solutions Architect, etc) to develop, propose and close new business.
· Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the new Enterprise service can help address and resolve these issues.
· Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the service, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the LATAM BD management team regarding progress and metrics.
· Educate and enable the sales teams and increase visibility of support across all AWS markets.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· 10+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
· 5-10 years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
· Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
· Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the support market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in Spanish and English are mandatory, as well as leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
Education: technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired
· Experience selling to the largest organizations in the Region in one or more of the following industries: Energy, Finance, CPG, Manufacturing, Telecom and/or Media & Entertainment
· Experience with cloud computing and/ r related fields (IT, software, etc)
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
AMZR Req ID: 437071