Microsoft Corporation Architect Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
Microsoft LATAM Enterprise Services is looking for an Architect Manager who has a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology security is also a must. The Architect Manager must have a passion for the customer, the business and our people, which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
The Architect Manager provides strategic technical direction and leadership to the Solutions Architect community in the LATAM Services Business and reports to the CTO of LATAM Enterprise Services. This individual will support the strategies of the Americas and WW CTOs which include defining and driving the technical strategies and solutions for LATAM Services, growing the business by delivering technical presales, ensuring high customer satisfaction by driving technical quality assurance for all phases of the solution lifecycle, and fostering the architect and technical communities.
The Architect Manager will work closely with the Services Sales teams in supporting the Regional Services Sales Strategy and Execution Plan.
The Architect Manager will work closely with the Americas and WW CTOs to drive consistent implementations of technical strategies across Services.
The Architect Manager will be responsible for supporting large/strategic business opportunities in the Area, establishing and growing relationships with key CxOs in Regional accounts and directly engaging alongside the delivery teams in large/complex/strategic engagements.
The individual will also review and provide feedback and guidance on technical approaches to opportunities and deals. The Architect Manager will provide strategic technical leadership over the virtual communities of Solutions Architects across the LATAM business.
Other areas of focus will include:
• People Management
Directly manage a small team of Solutions Architects
Resource & capacity planning for the Architects within reporting line
Preparation of Architects for effective pre-sales with new customers, coach and drive opportunity
• Delivery Excellence
- Customer satisfaction tracking, ensuring initial customer expectations and conditions of satisfaction
• Operations Management
- Cross-team orchestration and collaboration, including Sales, Operations, Finance, HR, Product
The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a varied set of skills and experience to address all of its dimensions:
• Degree (Computer Science, Social Science or Business), and/or equivalent experience
• 15+ years of professional experience, of which at least 8 year’s related IT consulting and/or Business experience and 5 year’s direct people management experience
• Broad experience and understanding of the technology industry and some other industries (e.g. banking, public service), acquired in a consulting role and/or managing technology-enabled business change or related activities
• Solid understanding of Business and IT strategy and principled approach to broad architectural challenges and opportunities
• Ability to run sales and people operations in a reliable manner, from account planning and engagement sales, through delivery to customer satisfaction and renewal, with an inflexible focus on quality and continuous improvement
• Significant experience in people management and proven talent for team leadership, driving teams for performance and growth through customer satisfaction
• Strong organizational skills, ability to manage resources and orchestrate multi-organizational physical and virtual resources and initiatives
• Solid understanding of Microsoft’s key solutions and services such as Azure, Cloud, Platform & Productivity, Business Analytics, Devices & Mobility
• Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to mesh well with customer decision makers, by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of Microsoft’s vision and value proposition
• Travel is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand. Preferred location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.