Honeywell Buyer Intern in Mexicali, Mexico
Orders from and manages the delivery of suppliers capable of meeting our production cost, quality, and delivery objectives.May select suppliers.
Position is majority tactical procurement activities with strategic activities accounting for a minority of the work load.
Interacts with suppliers at the Customer Service Rep and Account Manager levels.
Frequently interacts internally with Engineering, Planning, Operations and Quality Leads and when necessary with Program Managers and Product Line Managers.
Places orders and ensures our contractual obligations with our customers are flowed to our suppliers.
Ensures supplier on time delivery, expedites pull in requests, and negotiates push out requests.
Works with accounts payable and suppliers to resolve invoicing issues
Monitors supplier’s leading indicators reports to engage with supplier prior to our factory being impacted.
Escalates any planning, quality or delivery issues within the supplier’s organization to supplier quality, commodity management and/or leadership as appropriate.
Attends technical training.
Shadows senior buyers.
• Bachelors student in Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting or other business related field
• Proven problem-solving skills, decision-making abilities and application of sound judgment in resource planning
• Ability to organize analysis and actions required to maintain and successfully reach desired results/goals
• Ability to work with large, remote (international), and diverse teams in a matrix environment
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• English oral and written communication
Title: Buyer Intern
Requisition ID: 00329401