J&J Family of Companies SR. COMPONENT ENGINEER in Juarez, Mexico
"Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers"
Ethicon Endo-Surgery develops and markets advanced medical devices for minimally invasive and open surgical procedures, focusing on procedure-enabling devices for the interventional diagnosis and treatment of conditions in general and bariatric surgery, as well as gastrointestinal health, gynecology and surgical oncology. More information can be found at the new company website www.ethiconendosurgery.com.
Searching the best talent for: SR. COMPONENT ENGINEER
• Complete technical projects with suppliers to improve supplier process capacity, supplier process capability, supplier process maintainability, instrument assembly capability, and instrument output performance
• Determine tooling and spare requirements to maintain component supply
• Provide technical support for the approval/ validation of changes/ improvements in supplier processes
• Provide technical support for the resolution of component quality issues
• Potentially coordinate RMI/CAD/BOM actives
• Produce component cost comparisons and analyze alternative manufacturing methods for cost improvement projects ( CIP’S).
• Sustain supply chain continuity by qualifying and validating supplier tooling as per component approval procedures.
• Ensures closure to component non-conformance issues with timely corrective action submission and approval of suppliers control plans.
• Manages CASTWEB database for assigned NCR’S and CAPA’S completes actions by due dates and provides periodic updates to management.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area
• Supports supplier evaluations for major services/products as needed
• Compliance with safety policies and procedures
• Ensures compliance with Environmental Management System (EMS) responsibilities
• Follow J&J and EES Records Management Policies for Convenience Information, Records Retention Schedules, Training and Education, Document Hold Notices, Records Cleanout, Inactive Records and Information Management, Vital Records and third party vendor if applicable.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
• May serve as lead Operations engineer on a development/revision of a product of moderate complexity, or have responsibility for multiple components or mfg. processes of significant complexity on the development/revision of a product. May contribute critical expertise across multiple product lines. May be responsible for direction and development of technical support staff. Plans, conducts and directs engineering projects or studies including complete projects requiring advanced knowledge of a specialized field. Applies comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignment areas. May coordinate and direct activities of technical support staff and may be responsible for, technical development of assigned staff.
Reporting to: Gerente de Ingeniería de Componentes
Requirements and Education:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering with focus on manufacturing processes or product designs for manufacturability
• Advanced Degree preferred
• Approximate experience, or equivalent knowledge and skills, necessary to satisfactorily perform the position responsibilities.
• 7+ Years with BS in Related Field 5+ Years with MS
KEY SKILL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bilingual English/ Spanish
• GMP/ ISO knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of component manufacturing processes (preferably plastic injection molding, metal stamping casting, machining, and metal injection molding), component design for manufacturability, or design requirement cascade for instrument manufacturability
• Knowledge of component design for manufacturability, or design requirement cascade for instrument manufacturability
• Knowledge of components manufacturing costs.
• Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, database applications and statistical software packages
Global Leadership Profile Competencies
Integrity and Credo-based Actions lives Credo values; builds trust; tells the truth; initiates transparency into problems; demonstrates genuine caring for people
Collaboration and Teaming puts interests of enterprise above own; works well across functions and groups; builds teams effectively; inspires follower ship; instills a global mindset
Results and Performance Driven assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions; willing to make tough calls; consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations; demonstrates a track record of people development; champions diversity; net exporter of successful talent.
Sense of Urgency proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities; works to reduce "cycle" time; takes action when needed
Submit your resume until: 7 diciembre 2016
E.E.S., S.A. de C.V. Mexico (8283)