J&J Family of Companies General Manager in Huejotzingo, Mexico
The General Manager position has overall responsibility of the Puebla site operations. Accountable to ensure site provides safe working environment for all employees while delivering strong compliance, reliability, costs and people development results aligned with Our Credo principles. Plans and directs all manufacturing related activities and ensures string partnership and collaboration across the various functions supporting the site. Understands business processes and metrics to improve the operations performance. Responsible for seeking new technologies and processes to run the business in the most effective way and beyond compliance. This role assures adherence to the Good Manufacturing Practices, and all applicable regulations such as COFEPRIS, INVIMA, ANVISA, Safety, Environment, and others regulatory agencies. Responsible for staffing, training, compliance with regulations, facilities management, Environmental, Safety and Health programs, World Class Initiatives and managing of the company annual budget.
Essential job duties and responsibility
• Defines and develops short and long range goals and objectives and implements the necessary plans to effectively achieve them, assisting in the preparation of goals for the facility.
• Develops and maintains a continuing cost reduction program by reviewing and appraising production efficiency, specification changes, and waste reduction programs.
• develop and install programs in areas as training, budgets, employment, environmental, safety, etc.
• Directs all plant activities regarding the scoping and long range strategic planning of validation and technology transfer program. assures adherence to operating procedures and departamental standards as they affect every aspecto of the plant.
• Responsible for managing compliance issues or potential compliance problems in a timely manner.
• Takes appropriate action to create and maintain a working environment aligned with Our Credo values. Oversees the relationship with the local Union. Responsible for the supervision, coaching and development of assigned personnel
• Makes sure all CBA agreements are followed by managers and supervisors as well as the unionized population.
• Reinforces the use of the Process Excellence methodology.1. Performs corrective/disciplinary actions, when necessary, when company policies and procedures are not followed
• Observes all company policies, procedures, programs, systems, rules and regulations at all times of all compliance areas, including, but not limited to Safety, Environmental, Quality, Records Managements, Human Resources, Security, and others; and encourage co-workers to do so
• Provides support to the ISO 14001 team member and system of his/her department for training and continuous improvement
• Actively participates in the review of Environmental and Safety Management Actions Plans (MAP). Support the Environmental and Safety Committees.
• Attends applicable education and training programs and immediately informs supervisor if there are tasks or duties for which he/she is not properly trained.
• Participates in projects, programs, committees, and special activities that the company promotes geared toward establishing its strategic goals.
Education and experience
Bachelor Degree in Science or Engineering field, preferred Master Degree. Ten years in manufacturing or related activities, including supervisory management responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be bilingual Spanish and English and have excellent writing and communication skills.
Frequently travel inside and outside Mexico.
Analyze data, define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Read, interprets and analyzes documents such as, policies and procedures manual and other complex documents.
Impart and extensive variety of technical instructions.
Work with several abstract and concrete variables.
Reads, analyzed and interpret complex documents.
Present information to employees and management.
Work in teams and individually.
Make decisions and work with precision at a fast pace.
Manage well the techniques of delegation and exercise judgment in timing and setting of priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen de México, S. de R.L. de C.V. (7250)