Cisco Product Materials Manager in Guadalajara, Mexico
Additional Location(s) or Information: Job Category: Manufacturing Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #: R1023549
Description: What You'll Do Cisco's Supply Chain Operations organization is seeking a Product Materials Manager (PMM) to execute the management of material supply for our PCBA and fulfillment contract manufacturing factories in region. The Product Materials Manager is responsible to drive and execute all material supply processes, supply availability, inventory management, material planning strategies and effective material change implementation. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating cross-functionally to manage the overall supply chain for delivery performance.
Responsibilities • Support the assigned manufacturing partner supply chain performance ensuring the continuity of material supply, delivery and quality, avoiding shortages, following the appropriate escalations with the global team, correct execution, on site balancing and driving the site to increase their delivery performance level.
• Analyze and approve/reject material expedited freight requirements from manufacturing partner .
• Review EDI changes along with the global supply planner and propose material parameters changes where needed (ROP, SUK, SIS, etc.) • Understand all elements of product cost validating the integrity of the costed BOM.
Quarterly material cost review, approval and implementation on system based on Global team quotes to avoid manufacturing partner PPV claims.
• Communicate the local supply chain strategies in place to the BU and Central Ops teams to improve and leverage global materials management best practices.
• Manages and ensures an smooth product transition from NPI to sustaining.
• Quarterly material price analysis and drive the proper cost execution.
• Insure the correct inventory levels are driven by our manufacturer partners to assure supply and avoid excess or obsoletes (EOL). Set the site inventory reserves to adequate levels.
• Inventory projection proposal to the global team in a quarterly basis to decrease the inventory cost exposure and increase inventory turns.
• Correct management on EOS global announcement informing the manufacturing partner to take the proper actions (notify suppliers, parameters change on system) to avoid excess on order material and possible scrap.
• Follow up and ensure a correct scrap disposition process with our manufacturing partners.
• Analyze and drive the correct ECO and deviation processes for material change implementation.
• Create and release of Purchase Orders for manufacturing partner claims driven by BEEP, PPV, Material Reconciliations, Buydown, OT, Scrap, RWK, MUV, Tooling, etc. getting the proper approvals upon analyzing the claim is applicable.
• Work together with PLPM and Product Ops team on LTB process to have a proper implementation and assure supply and prevent excess.
• Participate on manufacturing partner Annual and Quarterly Audits and follow up on the corrective action implementation.
If required, this position will support and act as DF Manager for assigned product families * If required, this position will support and act as Manufacturing Planner for assigned product families.
- Who You'll Work With* The Cisco Supply Chain Operations organization is responsible for taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers. Whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions. As part of the Operations, Processes and Systems team, Supply Chain Operations at Cisco is a global organization with more than 2,000 employees in more than 20 locations around the world.
In Supply Chain Operations we have an opportunity and the responsibility to enable Cisco's business now and prepare for the future. Our vision and strategy continue to emphasize the importance of providing our customers an unrivaled customer experience by delivering a flexible, innovative and scalable supply chain while continuing to build upon our strong operational foundation. We encourage you to become a part of this dynamic organization where on a daily basis we leverage Cisco's aggressive competitive spirit and accelerate time to market by empowering our employees to use their expertise to take good business risks. As Cisco expands into new technologies, and geographies, it's become an exciting time to be part of the Supply Chain Operations team.
- Who You Are* You've got experience and knowledge
BA/BS or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
4-5 years Supply Chain Management experience 1-2 years Program Manager / Project Lead experience APICS/NAPM Certification preferred English Language (Business) 90% - 100% Bills of Materials Knowledge Demand Planning - MRP Commodity Knowledge Engineering Knowledge Quality processes knowledge Traffic/Logistics knowledge Materials Management Procurement Supply Chain Management Cost Reductions Management Skills Cross-Functional Influence Data Analysis Global Business Acumen Risk Management Cross-Functional Influence Partner and Vendor Relationships Engineering Change Order review and processing.
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN GUADALAJARA, JALISCO MEXICO
- Why Cisco* We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: *None
Product Materials Manager Guadalajara MX R1023549-en_US