Cisco MANUFACTURING ENGINEER in Guadalajara, Mexico
Additional Location(s) or Information: Job Category: Manufacturing Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #: R1023498
Description: What You'll Do General Assignments: • Quality Metrics (driving improvements in yields, bonepile, scrap rates, and component fallout).
• Local leadership on line stops/Purges/Quality issues directly affecting the MPa.
• Conduct quarterly critical-to-quality manufacturing process audits and track closures of any issues found in that audit.
• Participate in annual corporate quality audits of the MPa site.
• Provide Vendor Scorecard and Quality Business Review (QBR) inputs relative to technical support from the MPa site.
• Approve Product Engineering Change Orders (ECO) • Write and/or approve Manufacturing Deviations • Quote reviews and inputs.
• Context Engineer Management • Non-recurring expense (NRE) review and approval.
• Assessment of MPa technical capability.
• Improvement Initiatives at the factory.
• Capacity technical review.
• Factory readiness for New Product Introductions (NPI) • Design for Manufacturing (DFM) inputs.
Who You'll Work With* GMO Supply Chain team in Mexico is searching for a SR. Manufacturing Engineer (ME) with strong background on PCBA and SMT technologies, This person will be responsible for supporting, managing and coordinating all the technical activities and challenges with our Manufacturing partners (MPa) of complex PCBA's used in high-end telecommunication equipment. The ME will also be supporting the various business unit products that are manufactured out of the MPa and will be accountable for the following functions at the manufacturing site:
Who You Are* Specific Knowledge and requirements:
1. Material Knowledge of PCBA materials and technology - Surface finish differences and benefits Solder materials Flux Solder paste chemistry Components Packaging - SMD, QFN'S, BTC'S, LGA'S, BGA'S, 0402, 0201, etc
2. SMT equipment Ability to problem solve SMT equipment Understanding of Machine configurations Screen Printers selection criteria Stencil designs; principals Different types of Placement machines Re-flow ovens; types, configurations, maintenance Wave solder machines; sections; optimization, fluxers Pallet design Press-fit considerations AOI equipment principals and applications X-Ray equipment capabilities and applications PCBA rework techniques and equipment options - experienced on PTH rework
3. Method Screen Printing parameters characterization Placement sequences Oven profile measurement, preparation, optimization Wave solder profile measurement, optimization Flux selection Board design criteria
4. Man-Power Ability and experience with DFM of PCB's - PCB level, PCBA assembly level Problem analysis techniques (6 sigma or other) Quality (IPC-A-610) knowledge, training and/or certification SMTA Process Certification
5. Failure analysis techniques Destructive None destructive
- BS or BA degree in Engineering, Operations, Business or related fields
- MS/MBA degree preferred
The ME will be expected to successfully partner with the MPa in the development of good manufacturing practices and represent the regional team in meetings with various groups within Cisco to share factory metrics and challenges.
Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish is required.
He/She must also demonstrate good program management skills and be able to lead in the solution of manufacturing problems with the MPa.
The candidate needs to have a degree in Engineering with at least 5 years of direct experience in SMT/PCBA assembly of both Sn/Pb and Pb-free PCBA's.
Knowledge of lean manufacturing and 6-sigma principals is also desired.
- Why Cisco* We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: *None
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER Guadalajara MX R1023498-en_US