Continental Corporation Intellectual Property Administrative Assistant (Santa Anita) in Guadalajara, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Automotive Group with its three divisions Chassis & Safety (sales of approx. €8.4 billion in 2015, roughly 40.000 employees), Powertrain (sales of approx. €7.1 billion in 2015, roughly 35,400 employees) and Interior (sales of approx. €8.2 billion in 2015, roughly 40,500 employees) achieved sales of approximately €23.7 billion in 2015. The Automotive Group is present in more than 170 locations worldwide. As a partner to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, it develops and produces innovative products and systems for a modern automotive future in which cars provide individual mobility and driving pleasure consistent with driving safety, environmental responsibility, and cost-efficiency.
Auto req ID 64269BR
Job Title Intellectual Property Administrative Assistant (Santa Anita)
Posting Location Guadalajara
The Guadalajara Mexico facility of Continental is seeking a highly motivated Administrative Assistant to support the Americas IP team. You will support patent counsel in Mexico, Germany and in the US as well as with business units to docket and file patent applications and responses and assist with other work, including communications with clients. Collegial atmosphere provides a great work environment.
Candidate will administratively support patent-prosecution professionals. Tasks include, but are not limited to: preparing client correspondence requesting pertinent information and instructions related to preparation and prosecution of patent applications at various procedural stages, such as, obtaining inventor comments on draft patent applications, preparing and having inventors review and sign formal papers, obtaining client instructions related to foreign filing, preparation of office-action responses, payment of issue fees, filing of continuation applications, and the like; preparing office-action-response templates and correspondence to foreign associates related to prosecution of foreign patent applications; preparing and electronically filing with the U.S. Patent Office various types of documents related to MX, U.S. and PCT applications; maintaining patent files from initial disclosure through issuance of a patent and payment of maintenance fees; and the like.
Candidate should be dependable, work well independently, and be willing to accept instruction and follow applicable procedures. Candidate should complete assigned work carefully, expeditiously, and professionally. Candidate should pay close attention to detail and should have good organizational skills.
The IP Administrative Assistant will report to the head IP counsel for MX and assist patent counsel in the Auburn Hills office and in Deer Park, and may also support other Conti (and Contitech) locations.
• Administrative degree (or equivalent through education, training, and experience); knowledge of budget analysis and auditing are preferred.
• Advanced English written and spoken
• Correct use of Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word and Excel)
• Candidate should pay close attention to detail and should have good organizational skills.
• Candidate should complete assigned work carefully, expeditiously, and professionally.
• Candidate should be dependable, work well independently, and be willing to accept instruction and follow applicable procedures.
• Candidate should be able to interact effectively with attorneys, controllers, staff, clients, and vendors.
Daily Tasks will include:
• Docket all incoming invention disclosures (ID) into internal data base IPMS; classify and assign ID to the responsible Patent Professional
• Create new inventor data in IPMS; communicate with inventors or HR to obtain necessary data
• Communicate with inventors (e.g. if information is missing), legal department (if contract is related to ID), other patent departments
• Monitor deadlines for all IDs and advice Patent Professionals of issues relevant to making a decision
• Create first filings in IPMS
• Prepare documents for filing of a patent application before the MX patent office
• Instruct outside attorney to file patent applications before the MX patent office
• Communicate with inventors if signatures are necessary
• Docket incoming patent related mail from, outside attorneys, inventors and internal communication in IPMS and keep the system updated at all times
• Monitor deadlines for first filings and subsequent filing decisions and advice Patent Professionals of issues relevant to making a decision
• Administer the filing and grant award payments together with HR and the inventors
• Prepare documents for the patent professional (PP) and the Business Unit to make decisions on invention disclosures and patent applications, granted patens, maintaining patens and filing patents in foreign countries
• Prepare reports in IPMS
• Prepare and provide IP statistics reporting and budget reports to the MX BUs.
• Become proficient with Unycom Intellectual Property Management System (IPMS); Tymetrix 360 Legal Electronic Billing System; and SAP Enterprise resource planning ERP software
No Relocation assistance is being offered for this position.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.