Continental Corporation IMDS Administrator Sr (TR R&D) in Guadalajara, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Auto req ID 50792BR
Job Title IMDS Administrator Sr (TR R&D)
Posting Location Guadalajara
Responsible for coordinating efforts within the IMDS process (International Material Data Base), which involves working closely with the project teams and the central quality teams, to ensure efficiency so that customer PPAP deliverables are met on time.
· Support the release eBOM and mBOM with correct weights and WS numbers when applicable. Create tasks for QEP to check Supplier IMDS submissions (SAP CSE only).
· Data management(eg.IMDS.): request, checking accordingly to European and International regulations, update data, clarify open items, sending data to customers;
· Support the supplier base to ensure that IMDS is submitted and approved prior to the completion of Gate 60.
· Performing SAP tasks as maintenance user, for small /medium complexity projects;
· Performing projects support tasks (eg. specific reports, collecting project data, prototypes build support etc.), based on request and to offer support for all the involved roles in material reporting worldwide;
· Creating training materials and providing trainings for SAP / MDSs local or worldwide locations
· Is able to conduct and perform engineer changes for the BU.
· Mentoring for coworkers, locally or worldwide
· Respecting the confidentiality of information he/she has access to inside the company.
Initiative and Drive
Knowledge of electronic and mechanical components
Experience in the Automotive Industry.
Experience with IMDS Rules, Regulations, and Internal / External Processes.
Experience working with international teams.
Experience working with SAP
Preferably have materials or Chemist studies background
Previous experience working with intercultural teams
Good understanding and handling of Engineering data bases to get and use information as BOM’s, drawings and material specifications
3 years working with SAP systems
3 to 5 years experience in the Automotive Industry.
3 to 5 years experience with IMDS Rules, Regulations, and Internal / External Processes.
3 to 5 years experience working with international teams.
Contact Name Araceli Palos
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.