Continental Corporation Development Quality Engineer SR staff (Customer Project) in Guadalajara, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Auto req ID 73465BR
Job Title Development Quality Engineer SR staff (Customer Project)
Posting Location Guadalajara
The Customer Project Quality Manager for CV is the main / central contact to the CV Quality. The tasks of the CQPM are predominantly of preventive nature. The CPQM is ensures that customer quality requirements are incorporated early in the projects and takes care of the warranty management process.
• Drive warranty management activities (complaint handling, field tracking, claim management)
• Representative for all escalation Quality topics in front of the customer for all serial life topics.
• Lead quality improvement actions together with customer, plants and product lines in serial life (e.g. No Trouble Found reduction plan, warranty cost reduction plan).
• Drive cross plant complaint management and implementation of corrective actions.
• Drive lessons learned into new product design and process engineering.
• Monitoring of Customer Performance Rating/Scorecard, drives actions based on status.
• Coordinates quality target setting for each product, defines tracking for achievement of the defined target.
• Support overall quote process and ensure that all customer requirements are reviewed, negotiated, integrated and understood for all new projects.
• Responsible for management of problem solving activities for system related topics.
Prepare and/or participate in customer audits and ensure closure of action plans.
Participate in gate reviews for System Projects and provide Quality inputs for each
Perform Safe Launch activities at customer location level.
Moderate review sessions for gates required during quotation phase.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or comparable engineering discipline
Minimum 5 years of experience, minimum 3 years experience of automotive experience
Experience with direct customer communication. Strong communication/presentation skills
Master's Degree in Quality or related engineering discipline
Fluency in German or Spanish is desired
Contact Name Tania Muñoz
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.