Diageo CapEx Buyer in Guadalajara, Mexico
External Job TitleCapEx Buyer
Function Supply Operations
Type of Job Employee
External Job Description
• Knowledge performance of Capex and MRO categories
• Requires working with local and foreign sourcing base, as well as internal colleagues and stakeholders.
• Support the category strategy according to the established needs
• Develop suppliers to reach technical requirements.
• Performance delivery needs to address Diageo’s corporate governance needs on CARM, GAR, SFRM, SPM, SEDEX and KYBP process
• Working and follow up the Supplier Performance management with all suppliers
Procurement is seen as a source of value creation and delivery through fully leveraging Diageo’s scale, applying market knowledge and by exploiting the suppliers’ capabilities in the direct materials category. Procurement delivers value assurance (unit price, standard pack, minimum order quantity, just in time, etc.), value protection (management and minimisation of risk) and value creation (value, efficiencies)
Capex is taking a major role and impact in the business since TDJ integration. Several relevant projects are running in order to support the business growth, like bottling expansion, TDJ Heritage and others
Procurement spend in this category requires a senior behaviour regarding the complex in negotiations, closing contracts and detail follow up.
Capex Buyer roles are aligned to global and local categories, what requires a high degree of flexibility in managing data needs across all of them.
This role should be responsible to have an effective budget’s spend for each project reporting benefits to re-investment in other areas
• This role is focused on development of category management approach to CAPEX spend
• Optimum cost following the company targets
• In charge of supplier development according to monthly evaluation
• Support on Supplier performance and issues resolution
• Align stakeholder and performance requirements to sourcing strategy development.
• Provide input to financial budgeting and strategic planning process
• Stakeholders and suppliers relationship management
• It seeks to establish a win-win relationship with suppliers, based on respect and domestic policies.
• Cost analysis - (benchmarking)
• Savings/value add
• Supplier Performance Management: Develop with supplier participation the action plans which improve a supplier performance.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• University Degree, ideally in Economics, Engineer and Business administration
• 5 years on massive trade companies covering all procurement imperatives
• Good knowledge of the external market in which we operate.
• Good analytical skills
• High energy and positive attitude.
• Team work necessary
• Values and practices integrity and ethics in all job related relationships.
• High negotiation skills
• Good knowledge in pack materials.
• Excel, Power Point and SAP knowledge
• English 90%