Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company Business Intelligence Product Expert in Guadalajara, Mexico
Title: Business Intelligence Product Expert Location: Mexico-Jalisco-Guadalajara Other Locations: India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai, ROMANIA-ROMANIA-Bucharest Job Number: 1590800
Business Intelligence (BI) Product Expert
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Global Corporate Services - Solutions & Operations Team’s charter is to design, deliver and manage effective and efficient procurement solutions that simplify and streamline the procurement experience for Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees. The successful candidate for this role will provide support so the team can focus on keeping our Global Procurement systems running efficiently and effectively.
Global Procurement (GP) is one of the largest indirect and service procurement organizations in the world. Considered one of the most innovative global functions of its kind, GP looks beyond traditional procurement for ways to drive even greater value for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. This includes helping the businesses generate increased revenue, driving innovation with strategic suppliers and doing the right thing for HPE’s customers and employees with respect to corporate and social responsibility.
This role will focus mainly as a Product Manager for Global Procurement facing applications. The role will specialize in the GP Business Intelligence (GPBI) reporting solution that support our Global Procurement customers. This role will learn the applications end to end in order to support the application for all users and projects. The Product Manager will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle in building requirements, creating test cases and testing during testing cycles. The Product Manager will also be working to improve the training and communication with users and host User Forums. The Product Manager will gain hands-on experience with technology, learn how to perform analysis within the application and will then make recommendations for improvements. The Product Manager will also investigate new functionality to determine the pros/cons of implementing the functionality. Based on the outcome of the analysis, the Product Manager will be responsible for implementing the features by working with various Product Managers if needed and the associated IT Teams. Overall a Product Manager will:
· Evangelize –Champion the vision and benefits of the product. Be passionate about your product. · Empathize –Everything begins with a deep understanding of the needs of your target customer. · Maintain perspective –Weigh the needs of the customer against the integrity of the product goals and the requirements of the business and establish a balance. · Manage product, not people –You are the leader, but not the manager, of the extended product team. Focus should always be on the product and processes surrounding it. · Minimizes exposure and risk on projects. · Communicate –maintain constant and fluid communication with your stakeholders regarding product status and progress.
BI Product Management Responsibilities:
· Acts as the subject matter expert for the GP Business Intelligence application within the GP organization. · Release management for large scale multi-phase data warehouse projects within the GP organization. · Acts as the liaison between business and IT for application enhancements, requirements, analysis, etc. · Responsible for working with BI support resources and IT to resolve issues on a day to day basis. · Gain deep level knowledge of Procurement data, including Purchase Orders/Requisitions, Invoice Spend, and related areas. · Understanding of Business Intelligence / Analytical reporting tools, including SAP Business Objects. · Conducts discovery of business requirements in cooperation with key stakeholders · Consolidates and prioritizes requirements · Responsible for documenting business requirements and translating into technical requirements specifications. · Responsible for transforming business requirements / data needs into Business Intelligence analytical solutions & reports. · Ongoing development of the Business Intelligence Program within GP, including managing organizational reporting needs, providing integrated solutions, etc. · Development of knowledge management tools and reporting guides for BI user audience. · Involvement in cross-organizational projects for integration of data in the BI Data Warehouse. · Coordination of releases with source systems/platform teams for managing interface and application changes and impacts. · Executing and coordinating requirements management and change management processes. · Ownership / ongoing management of quarterly Spend Control Dashboard reporting in BI application. Qualifications: Skills / Qualifications Required:
· Must have excellent knowledge / experience of Data Warehouse technical concepts · Experience with SAP Business Objects tools (WebIntelligence, OLAP Analytical reporting) is a MUST · Experience in writing SQL queries in MS SQL Server or Oracle · Must have excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle · Ability to work in with ambiguous requirements, ensuring consistent understanding across users, designers and testers · Ability to define and manage scope and client expectations, requirements change management and mitigating risks · Business solutions modeling of current state and desired/future state functionality · Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills · Ability to apply creativity to solving complex process vs system problems · Ability to build relationships and working collaboratively, with internal and external partners · Effective verbal/written/presentation communication; mastery in English required · Strong analysis and data manipulation skills · Demonstrate business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility · Strong customer focus
The ideal candidate should have significant knowledge and experience in the following areas:
· Strong analytical reporting skills are strongly desired · Strong project management skills are strongly desired · Strong SharePoint skills desired · Global Procurement processes and solution knowledge desired · Thorough understanding of Finance / Accounts Payable systems within HPE is strongly desired · Advanced knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
Education and Experience Required
· First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred. · Typically 6-10 years of experience in implementing, managing and supporting software solutions. · Procurement / Supply Chain function experience desired
We offer extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities. If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers You can also find us on: https://www.facebook.com/HPECareers https://twitter.com/HPE_Careers Job: Supply Chain and Operations