Allegion Regional Materials Manager in Ensenada, Mexico
Regional Materials Manager
- Primary point of responsibility for materials management for the region.
- Ensures optimization of all materials management activities including scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, materials movement, supplier performance measurement, and indirect materials management.
- Responsible for the implementation, support and compliance of the Materials and SIOP standard work playbook processes and systems to facilitate the fulfillment process from production planning to material procurement and warehousing, through product shipment.
- Responsible for planning and driving productivity innitiatives.
- Responsible for establishing the processes and control to meet corporate internal control requirements.
- Facilitates interaction with Sourcing, Engineering, Accounting, Marketing and Quality Assurance in support of the business’s strategic goals.
- Champions and Institutionalizes the Operational Excellence culture, Collaborates with the Business leadership team to drive VS trans formation to better serve our customers.
- Develop and drive countermeasures for underperforming key processes and/or material suppliers.
- Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of materials functions and Allegion operating goals and objectives.
- Manage suppliers, materials and inventory in a manner consistent with the requirements of a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Promotes and demonstrates the Allegion Values.
- Ensures that all Safety, Environmental and health policies and regulatory requirements meet or exceed minimum acceptable criteria in accordance with Allegion guidelines. Drive proactive and preventive actions to achieve world class EH&S performance. Responsible for consistently driving a safety culture based on correct behaviors.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
- Provide required support to Global Procurement Commodity Leaders as needed during supplier selection process.
- Responsible for periodically reviewing and updating as necessary the Org structure to ensure alignment with business needs.
- Promote APICS certification within the facility.
- Develop and implement a professional development program for materials personnel.
- Ensure alignment of the production plan to the published SIOP consensus plan.
- Drive improved supplier relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution) and a superior understanding of manufacturing material flow in a plant.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
- Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization.
- Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Must know how to influence bottom line results.
- Must be a strong communicator and possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment and be proficient at conflict resolution.
- Must be proficient in information technology systems utilized in Materials Management.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering discipline (MBA desirable).
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), or commitment to obtain within the first 18 months of employment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the integrated functions of materials management in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, MRP manufacturing practices, and progressive supplier relationships.
- A minimum of 3 years in managerial experience focusing on standardizing planning & execution, reducing sourcing complexity, and talent development.
- Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
- Multi-site management experience.
Ensenada El Sauzal Km 115, Tecate Olivos 698 Col Chavez, Tijuana La Encantada Ind 24050
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.