American Express Director of Global Real Estate & WorkplaceEnablement, Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) in Distrito Federal, Mexico
Overview of The Department:
Global Real Estate and Workplace Enablement (GREWE) is a staff group within the Global Business Services shared services function. GREWE is solely responsible for planning, procuring, designing, building, managing, redeploying and disposing of the American Express managed portfolio of owned and leased locations. GREWE’s primary focus is delivering optimal workplace solutions and experiences for an Amex employee to do his/her best work.
The Director of Global Real Estate and Workplace Enablement (GREWE) Latin America/Caribbean (LAC) reports into the VP/RL of GREWE EMEA/LAC. S/He is responsible for the following:
- Managing in region relationship for all lines of businesses relative to end-to-end real estate lifecycle experiences for all managed properties.
- Developing requirements and headcount demand forecasting; supporting key stakeholder discussions as part of a program definition.
- Being the primary regional interface with internal customers and functional partners, including interaction and collaboration with Senior Leaders in major markets
- Collaborating with regional Transaction Management Director, to support the real estate transactions for the managed and field portfolio of properties in region -- includes the leasing and transaction management activities related to new leases, renewals, contraction and early terminations, new site selection and site closures. Liaison as required with contracted external broker teams.
- Working with Design and Construction and Facilities Management (DCFM) teams, and their contracted resources, to ensure projects and initiatives are executed according to plan and aligned with BU expectations.
- Collaborating with DCFM to plan and execute capital planning and deployment of projects. Includes working closely with the GREWE Design & Construction team to establish the annual capital plan in co-ordination with business unit needs and building maintenance and design changes.
- Establishing proper operational dates to maximize the GREWE budget and business unit needs.
- Ensuring project teams comply with the organization's scheduling, budgeting, and cost tracking requirements
- Regional leadership role in the planning of annual capital budgets
- Supporting the management of the third party facilities provider which maintains the physical property locations of the managed portfolio. These functions include supporting the regional DCFM Director to provide daily direction for strategic and maintenance activities, reviewing KPI’s and metrics relative to performance of key activities, reviewing and approving purchases and expenses to the GREWE budget and ensuring AmEx employees have functioning sites to ensure business success.
- Approving Global Real Estate – Appropriation Requests (GREAR) – and supporting the onward approvals required from business leaders in line with Policy.
- Working closely with other GREWE team members in LAC, and in other markets, to deliver joined-up solutions, and provide leadership where required
- Conveying the GREWE strategy and resolving property related issues.
- Delivering the strategic workplace known as Bluework and execute other workplace strategies to maximize utilization of the current real estate footprint. Ensuring change management and communications for projects are coordinated and appropriately managed
- Providing day to day leadership, direction and mentoring to regional relationship team, and to other GREWE team members
- Managing risk and ensuring compliance / audit requirements are met for all regional activities and locations: playing a key role in the development of controls, audit and compliance, systems and processes that allow for optimal delivery of initiatives and priorities in region
- Seeking out and identifying opportunities for cost efficiencies, project savings, and innovative solutions to enhance overall region real estate P&L impact
- Ensuring highest level of quality and consistency
- Interfacing with BU, staff groups and service or third party service providers as appropriate
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Attributes: - Proven leader with real estate and relationship management background - Process-oriented mindset, with an “end-to-end” solutions oriented perspective - Excellent communications and influence management skills; collaborative style - Able to translate business requirements into project goals; finance background would be a plus - Comfortable working in multi-tasking environment within a complex organization - ability to multi-task and flexibly manage competing priorities - Proven track record of delivering high quality customer service, and navigating complex organizations and leadership/stakeholder groups
Educational requirements/Experience: - Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Architecture, Engineering or Real Estate - MBA a plus - MCR or RICS designation a plus - 10-15 years of relevant experience in Corporate Real Estate
-Fluent English is a must.
Title: Director of Global Real Estate & WorkplaceEnablement, Latin America & Caribbean (LAC)
Location: Mexico-Distrito Federal-D.F.
Requisition ID: 17008935