Amazon.com Quality Area Manager - Mexico City in Cuautitlan Izcalli, Mexico
The ICQA Area Manager has complete responsibility for overall Fulfillment Center Inventory Control and Quality Assurance.
• Measurement of quality & inventory transaction integrity accuracy while providing feedback to the operations.
• Review & analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
• Develop & execute daily, weekly & monthly action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy & service.
• Partner with Area Managers & Operations Managers in the communication of policies.
• Follow up to ensure compliance & consistency for policies & procedures surrounding Inventory Control & Quality.
• Plan & execute cycle counts as described in each area of the facility.
• Establish & Maintain Inventory handling procedures within the building.
• Plan for & identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause & effect analysis.
• Lead & supervise a team of 15-30 hourly associates in Inventory Control/Quality Assurance operations within the fulfillment center. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, & evaluation of the operation.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies & procedures: to include interviewing & training exempt & nonexempt employees; full accountability for setting & meeting operational goals; strategic planning & forecasting; assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; resolving problems; & staffing; as well as developing standard operating procedures.
• Drive process improvements & the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
• Candidate must be able to teach & educate managers and associates on the importance of inventory control & quality assurance.
A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
5+ years related Inventory & Quality Assurance Management experience
Supervisory experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment
• Strong analytical, math, data analysis, listening & communication skills
• APICS certification
• Ability to show Inventory & Quality improvement in a continually improving environment
• Ability to quickly pick up various software systems and data analysis tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 545959
External Company URL: www.amazon.com