Eaton Corporation Senior Manufacturing Engineer in COL, Mexico
• Manufacturing experience in powder coat.
• Demonstrated understanding of multiple facets of Paint process technologies including.
-Cleaning and pre-treatment technologies and processes.
-E-coat processes and technologies
-Powder top coat process and technologies
-Strong knowledge of material substrates and their specific coating requirements
-Strong knowledge of chemical properties and controls relating to the Paint process.
• Determine manufacturing methods and machine or line loading to produce parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies for new products or customer orders requiring extensive planning consistent with overall division objectives. Plan all tooling such as jigs, fixtures, special tools, and similar items.
• Evaluate existing machinery, fabrication equipment, tooling, etc for safety, capacity, capability, effectiveness, etc. Develop detailed technical specifications for new equipment and manage capital projects.
• Outline the required workflow and material handling devices including storage areas, work areas, and workplace layout. Prepare complete operation line-ups to manufacture all parts for a product line or for a section. Provide training, guidance and technical support to leaders, operators and team members.
• Support Lean, Six Sigma, and Pro Launch through the creation of Process Maps, Standard Work, Takt Times, Potential Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiments, Control Plans, and Job Safety Analysis for production lines.
• Estimate the time required manufacturing all parts for a product line or a section based on the most economical methods developed through manufacturing planning in conjunction with methods, tools, work, plant layouts, and design engineering. Actively reduce current standard times.
• Compile complete cost analyses for a product line or section based on extension of hourly rates, burden and material costs, cost of new machine tools and the handling of equipment. This includes specifications for such items as layouts, tooling, machine tools, and material.
• Plan and control expenditures of the annual facility programs encompassed in the respective area of responsibility and maintain applicable records. Prepare reports on new methods.
• Take necessary measures to improve the quality of product and information in the respective area of responsibility. Lead corrective/preventive actions on his areas of responsibility.
• Safety responsibilities include safety and housekeeping objectives; follow all safety rules and procedures and report unsafe conditions to line management.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineer from an accredited institution is required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is required
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
JOBTITLE: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
DIVISION: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div