Honeywell Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
• Provides dedicated Project, Product, Manufacturing and Test Engineering support to ISC, Transitions, Value Engineering Cost Reductions, Producibility Improvements and MRB support and special projects activities.
• Interfacing with ISC (Operations, AME, QA, GS&I, Procurement), SBUs, Engineering Test Services.
• Generate BoE and plans for projects and initiatives and drives consistent execution
• Apply standard processes to ensure cost reduction, production flow, rapid problem solving and reduce customer escapes.
• Identify supplier development needs and engages subject experts.
• Provide manufacturing feedback to design and Strategic Process Team.
• Disciplined approach to rapid problem solving and thorough RCCA
• Application of applicable APQP tools, methodologies, and processes to capture applicable product and failure mode knowledge and lessons learned.
• Adoption of key HOS methodologies such as Tiered Accountability, Rapid Problem Solving, Visual Management, Leadership Standard Work, Gemba and Kaizen.
• Develop and foster a high performance staff through skills assessments, training, coaching, and performance feedback
• Manage department census, expense, yield.
• Employee management including annual employee reviews, Management Resource Readiness (MRR) and Technical Resource Readiness (TRR) assessments of individuals and group
• Operating within all Honeywell policies and business practices
Key Success Factors:
• Establish strong, credible working relationship with Integrated Supply Chain organization
• Timeliness and responsiveness to factory floor issues, product escapes, and flow disruption
• Reducing product PPM and improving OTTR and RTY.
• Delivering on customer’s expectations of escape-free products
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Management or similar technical discipline is required. Masters degree (desired).
• 8 years demonstrated experience in engineering and / or leadership roles to include surface mount technology, development, testing, industrial engineering and advanced manufacturing.
• English 90% Minimum.
• Skilled in MS Project
• NPI Experience.
• SMT and SMD process engineering experience is a must.
• Test engineering experience.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills with strong teaming, global coordination and communication skills
• Green Belt or Black Belt certification. Demonstrated ability in driving Six Sigma, and has a proven track record of productivity improvements.
• Able to calmly deal with high pressure complex technical, production, and regulatory issues in an objective manner, developing/executing cross functional plans based on sound technical decisions.
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries, builds relationships quickly, and deals with ambiguity
• Advanced communications/ presentation/ leadership/ people skills are essential.
• Very strong work ethic.
• Self-motivated self starter.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining data integrity and accuracy.
• High degree of focus on quality of work product.
• Ownership and accountability.
Title: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location: MEX-CHIH-Ciudad Juarez
Requisition ID: 00333207