Honeywell Mechanical Design Eng III in Chihuahua, Mexico
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. Honeywell is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to help build the Healthy Home and Awareness portfolio of products and services.
Position Responsibilities: • Collaborate with other engineering functions, product management, suppliers, plant personnel and other stakeholders to develop and implement low cost design solutions, methods, and product improvements, and to support build programs for platform, major and minor product development projects. • Deliver hardware designs on time to project schedules that meet customer requirements. • Perform complex dimensional/tolerance stack-up analysis, material analysis, tooling selection. • Plan and implements product development and test programs. • Communicate information to and from internal and external customers. • Coordinate and consult with departments outside engineering. • Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products. • Travel as required (domestic & international). • This engineer applies state of the art knowledge of mechanical design methods and practices to assure high quality, low cost solutions.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, MSME is a plus.
• 5 years experience in a mechanical product design engineering role.
• 3 experience in plastic product design, development, validation and document release.
• In-depth knowledge of plastic materials, plastic injection molding, moldflow analysis, tooling and production processes; elastomeric; thermodynamics and heat transfer/dissipation.
• Creo Parametrics (former Pro/E), FEA and general CAD skills.
• Experience with regulatory standards and certifications UL, CSA, AHRI, ASHRE, FCC is a plus.
• Experience working with external and internal suppliers and partners.
• Effective communication skills.
• Bilingual English- Spanish. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Technical engineering and manufacturing documentation and control
• Tolerance analysis, GD&T, DFMEA, and PFMEA.
• Design for manufacturing and working knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes.
• Led significant product development programs from concept development thru market introduction.
Additional Candidate Qualifications: • Understanding of the residential HVAC, indoor air quality and Awareness market, Customer segments, product categories, channels, competitors, and trends.
• Strong multi-tasking and multi-project skills a plus. Ability to excel in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment.
• High level of interest and a strong understanding of system level design & integration is a plus.
• PMP Certified a plus.
• Blackbelt/Greenbelt DFSS Certification is a plus.
Title: Mechanical Design Eng III
Requisition ID: 00336334