ZF TRW Ingeniero de Empaque (Packaging Engineer) in Chihuahua, Mexico
Req ID 26853BR
Job Title Ingeniero de Empaque (Packaging Engineer)
Business Unit Global Occupant Safety Systems
Job Description Packaging Engineer will be responsible for packaging of all products being manufactured at the plant - program timing, startups, build outs, etc. and keep track of related packaging information.
Communicate with customers, packaging suppliers, part suppliers, and TRW personnel to coordinate both returnable and expendable packaging for inbound and outbound goods in the most efficient manner.
Work with Corporate/Sr. packaging engineer to develop packaging plan for finished goods in accordance with customer packaging requirements and budget, communicate with customers as needed and submit information using customer's packaging systems/forms/procedures.
Evaluate supplier packaging forms and packaging for compliance to TRW standard and other plant considerations, work with the suppliers to provide parts in the most efficient packaging with consideration to Supply chain performance and Part presentation to the line.
Continually evaluate inbound and outbound packaging systems for cost savings opportunities including, but not limited to density improvements, container reuse, packaging material and design changes.
Assist in packaging cost estimates as needed.
Maintain hazardous material shipping certification.
Education Requirements Bachelors Degree
Experience and Skill Requirements
At least 2 years direct experience in the following areas:
• Packaging design, hands on: expendable and returnable, including evaluation of cost of each. Specific experience with inflatable restraint systems is preferred
• Packaging cost savings analysis and implementation
• Familiarity with standard automotive packaging sizes, designs concepts, suppliers, materials
• Familiarity with Automotive Customer packaging specifications, processes, systems, and contacts
• Familiarity with packaging cost estimating
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships and work as part of a team
• Hazardous materials shipping certification – preferred
• Bilingual Spanish/English language skills
Position Status Salaried Full-Time