Honeywell Firmware Engineer in Chihuahua, Mexico
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Develop firmware for a variety of embedded products. You will create project and technical reports as required and help define product architecture as needed. You will participate in schematic/layout review process and test and evaluate prototypes from initial engineering samples to mass production. You will help maintain firmware servers and develop tools for internal use, including scripts and basic hardware interfaces. Aid in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of Honeywell's customers.
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for. Help create innovative technologies that make the world cleaner and more sustainable, more secure, connected, energy efficient, and productive. Work along side some of the world's most talented engineers.
25 Software Development
25 Software Design
20 New Product Development
20 Software Implementation
10 Ongoing Support
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
• BS degree in Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
• At least 3 years of experience in embedded software development utilizing "C/C++" languages and product development.
• Experience with 8 and 16 bit microcontrollers is required.
• Experience developing embedded software with RTOS or multitask environments.
• Aware of software development processes a plus, as well as the tools associated to such processes (i.e. Subversion, Jira, Enterprise Architect, Contour, Crucible, etc)
• Solid background in electronic circuit analysis. Ability to read schematics and perform electrical measurements with lab equipment
• Experience working with custom hardware. Be able to use tools such as logic analyzer, oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.
• Experience in implementing/updating communication protocols such as RS-232, SPI, and I2C.
• Bilingual English/Spanish with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experienced in the use of MS Office suite, MS Project, Visio and Adobe Acrobat.
• Abilities to excel in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
• Ability to travel as required (occasionally for extended periods)
• Organized with the ability to manage a diverse workload
• Capable to release required documentation
• Master degree in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Embedded Systems related fields.
• ARM knowledge is desired.
• Experience with Atmel microprocessors and IAR Systems compilers. As well as ARM architecture.
• Experience with TI, Microchip, and other vendors for microcontrollers/microprocessors is useful as well.
• Strong multitasking capability
• Assembly knowledge
Exempt Honeywell Technology Solutions
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: HRD2715
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Chihuahua, CHIH 31136 MEX
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.