Honeywell Sr Product Design Engineer in Calle del Oro S/N, Mexicali, Mexico
Sr Product Design Engineer
The Propulsion Installations & Composite Design group has an opening for an experienced Aerospace design engineer. The group integrates and designs installations for Auxiliary Power Unit and Turbo propulsion engines. This position is responsible for leading the development of mechanical design concepts, 3D and detail drawings efforts for manufacturing,Typical system design work will involve: pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, fuel systems, electrical harnesses, tube routing, brackets, clamping, insulation blankets, mounting, inlet and exhaust, nacelles, APU Installation Kits, Composite components and Instrumentation. Engineering principles applied include thermodynamics, structural analysis, mechanical design, vibration, material selection, CAD modeling and Drafting.
20 Analyze Designs
20 Design Engineering
20 Design Interpretation
20 Test Products
20 Failure Analysis
• BS, Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related. Masters Degree is a plus
•7 years minimum experience in related field
•CAD proficient in NX and/or CATIA V, Model Base Design is a plus
• 2D Drafting and 3D modeling per product design standards
• Proficiency with ASME Y14.5M
• Product Design Expertise in APU’s and Turbo Propulsion Engines
• Strong technical, analytical, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Product Data Structures in a CAD environment
• Engineering Substantiation
• Communicates effectively in Spanish and English (oral & written) 90%/ Communication skills w diff areas, depts., clients (Mettings)
• Design Lead experience
• Ability to successfully work in and promote a team environment
• Basics in Composite Design and/or Manufacturing processes
• Knowledge in Manufacturing techniques and processes
• FT Instrumentation
• Mentoring Skills
• Positive attitude
• Management skills —manage tasks to meet schedule
• Works with self-direction, takes initiative, exercises sound judgment, discretion
• Capable of complex decision making in a dynamic work environment
Exempt Aerospace Overview | Products
- Job ID: HRD8791
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Calle del Oro S/N, Mexicali, BC 21395 MEX
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.