Schneider Electric Senior Design Engineer - Electromechanical in Apodaca, Mexico
This position is for a Senior Design Engineer (Technical Engineering Leader) for new product development & product evolution for the Design Center which is located in Monterrey, Mexico. This position requires a minimum of 5 years of Product Development experience with Low Voltage Electrical Distribution products for industrial and commercial applications. Experience related to Low Voltage Switchboard and/or Low Voltage Metal Enclosed Switchgear is a plus. These products are manufactured in multiple countries including the USA, Canada and Mexico and supplied to customers around the world. Companion projects can be join efforts with other Schneider Electric design locations located in U.S., Canada or France.
Description of Duties:
The Engineer will lead design engineering efforts of Low Voltage, Switchboard and Metal Enclosed Switchgear products including, but not limited to, structure, bus system, mechanisms and integration of electrical, digital & communication components. This position requires an understanding of the impact of cost, the ability to apply industrial codes and standards to new and existing product design and good project leadership skills.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
Primarily support to Low Voltage Switchboard Equipment.
Understanding customer needs, competitors, technical and market trends and coordinate product development requirements with the Marketing Team.
Ensure the product design meets all required specifications.
- Document the engineering schedule and monitor the design team’s progress.
- Document appropriate design analysis and corresponding test plans.
- Create/Approve an appropriate number of design concept models.
- Coordinate with the program manager and cross functional teams on the Design, Safety and Peer Reviews on the project.
- Ensure all technical deliverables are completed and technical issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure all engineering and technical deliverables as defined by New Product Development & Product Evolution Processes and / or the program manager are met.
- Coordinate procurement of product samples/prototypes.
- Coordinate UL/ANSI submittals to meet applicable dates and schedules.
- Keep engineering team focused on their portion of assigned projects for objectives and scheduled completion dates.
- Define deliverables and review deliverable status, as needed, with the project team.
- Provide product technical expertise and product knowledge.
- Ensure records / Engineering Change Orders are created. Ensure that Drawings, Bill Of Materials and technical specifications meet engineering quality and program requirements.
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum 5 years experience in design/development engineering of power distribution products.
Experience in creating FMEA's, DFA's, DFM's and Risk Analysis.
Experience with analytical tools.
Experience with CAD packages, AutoCAD and Creo / ProE preferred.
Experience in a new product development environment and an understanding of gated product development processes and product life cycle.
Good understanding of manufacturing processes, material properties and the design of plastic moldings, mechanism design, castings, sheet metal parts, dielectric and conductive components designed.
Understand the importance and impact of intellectual property.
Self motivated, team & customer oriented, adaptable, committing to setting and meeting challenging schedules, managing multiple activities, excellent written, organizational, communication and behavioral skills.
Work well in a cross-functional project team environment.
Travel 10 – 15% primarily within Mexico, the United States & Canada.
English is required, other foreign languages are a plus.
Primary Location: Mexico-Nuevo León-Apodaca
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 0035W2